Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 90 year old grease? 
    Dyers deep fried hamburgers

Seriously, I'm not a health food fanatic...but ewww!

It reminds me of one of those Friendship Cakes.. where it could last forever. It really is gross if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    It reminds me of one of those Friendship Cakes.. where it could last forever. It really is gross if you think about it.
    Yeah. We had one of those starter fruit thingies. I can't ever remember eating it, just having it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Yeah. We had one of those starter fruit thingies. I can't ever remember eating it, just having it there.
    You stir it once a day.. and babysit it, while it ferments on the counter top. If I recall correctly.. then you use half of it to bake a cake, and you pass on the other half to a friend, who uses your unused half as a starter.

I can't imagine how folks never got food poisoning, or drunk from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    You stir it once a day.. and babysit it, while it ferments on the counter top. If I recall correctly.. then you use half of it to bake a cake, and you pass on the other half to a friend, who uses your unused half as a starter.

I can't imagine how folks never got food poisoning, or drunk from this.
    Now I remember...my mom never made a cake with it...she put it over ice cream. And yeah, you could get drunk off of it.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Dyers deep fried hamburgers

Seriously, I'm not a health food fanatic...but ewww!
    This place was on television last night, on the travel channel. No wonder the South is referred to as the "stroke belt". :eek:

I thought of some of the residents at CU, when a place in Texas was profiled. It's famous for chicken-fried bacon.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    This place was on television last night, on the travel channel. No wonder the South is referred to as the "stroke belt". :eek:

I thought of some of the residents at CU, when a place in Texas was profiled. It's famous for chicken-fried bacon.
    Yes, I was watching it. Seriously disgusting. That grease looked awful, I don't care about their claims of straining it and "purifying" it.

Power CUer
    There were also tons of ads for some guy who's going to competitively eat burgers at some joint in Boston, up against a near-future stroke case. There were baking sheets full of fries in front of them, as well. :eek:
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    There were also tons of ads for some guy who's going to competitively eat burgers at some joint in Boston, up against a near-future stroke case. There were baking sheets full of fries in front of them, as well. :eek:
    Man against Food. I have just seen a few of his shows. They will make you vomit just thinking about how much he eats!!

Power CUer
    And it's on at 10 pm. If I wanted to watch guys eat all that crap (a big "if" to begin with), why would I do it at bedtime?