1. #1 Supreme Court looking at constitutional right of homeless to sleep on sidewalk 
    These are fun times to be alive in America, as we may soon learn whether we have the right to sleep on the sidewalk of our choice.

The U.S. Supreme Court met on Friday to consider for the first time if homeless people have a constitutional right to pull up their favorite piece of concrete for a good night’s sleep, according to the Los Angeles Times.

The justices were to hear an appeal of a controversial ruling last year by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals that it was cruel and unusual punishment to enforce criminal laws against homeless people if a city does not offer enough shelters as an alternative, the Times reported.
    https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/12...idewalk-862088
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

There is a reason they are called sidewalks.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

No, we should be telling the supreme court to GTFO, They shouldn't tell us what to do about the homeless

Looks like they’ve got a nice racket going here in Austin over the homelessness issue. They’re renovating hotels and inns as shelters for the numbers of homeless that have tripled in less than a year. I wonder who’s brother-in-law got that no bid contract, and how long it will take for these people to completely trash the place.

Here’s the best part of all though... The rumors are they are micro chipping these people. Oh, goodie!

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    I wish we had a Supreme court that reacted fast and dealt with cases as thy came promptly. We have a group that's time is more involved with geriatric medicine then dealing with constitutional law.
    When you get 90 and over your advice is valuable but your teeth are long gone as should be your power.
    I got nuthin

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Looks like they’ve got a nice racket going here in Austin over the homelessness issue. They’re renovating hotels and inns as shelters for the numbers of homeless that have tripled in less than a year. I wonder who’s brother-in-law got that no bid contract, and how long it will take for these people to completely trash the place.

Here’s the best part of all though... The rumors are they are micro chipping these people. Oh, goodie!

They were doing that in Detroit with empty hotels in Southfield, until they found out there were problems with old hotels that had been empty for over a decade. It's easier to get Section 8 money to fix up old houses than repair furnaces and water systems in high rises.