1. #1 An indication of things to come... 
    In 2005 President Bush's second inauguration cost 50 million dollars. The American Tax payer shouldered 3 million. Everything else was raised by private donors.

For Obama's inauguration, Congress has forked over 15 million dollars, with another 15 million requested. The city of Washington DC is planning on spending 50 Million over all.

So on day one Obama has already cost the American tax payer more then 10 times what Bush cost us.

This country is in for a rough four years. DUmmies went apeshit over the deficit brought about by Bush's administration. Anyone taking bets on how high it'll be in 2013?

Wow! Why am I not surprised? Link?

No real links to provide. I dug up the numbers from various differant sites that I've long clicked out of.

The numbers I got for Obama's inaug came right from CNN though.

Well, I submitted this info to Fox as a news tip. Maybe tomorrow we can see a big article on this as the featured (picture) article on their website.

Wow. Unfreakingreal. I remember the kerfluffle over Bush's inauguration and how the lefties were screaming about the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    Well, I submitted this info to Fox as a news tip. Maybe tomorrow we can see a big article on this as the featured (picture) article on their website.

That would be pretty cool.

someone in the alternative media should pick this up and run with it. It's another fine example media bias and leftist hypocrisy.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Patent Member
    http://newstandardnews.net/content/index.cfm/items/1394
    The total cost of Bush?s inauguration could reach $50 million, about $3 million of which is paid for by the government for the swearing-in ceremony and parade. These figures do not include security, which is expected to add at least another $17 million to the total.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS...tag/index.html
    Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton, D-Washington, D.C., . . . has requested an additional $15 million from Congress to help the city cover costs. That would double the $15 million Congress has already allocated to pay for all national events and demonstrations in Washington during 2009.
    Just supplementing DJ's original comment.

Astounding. I'd ask where's the outrage from the MSM, but I think I already know the answer.

I look at it as an inauguration bailout...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis