1. #1 There is a scenario where impeachment could pass the Senate 
    link

Hope springs eternal. LOL.

TrogL (32,255 posts)

There is a scenario where impeachment could pass the Senate

Quorum is 51 members. Impeachment requires 2/3 of those present. If things get so crazy that even the Republican Party decides impeachment is a good idea, all they have to do to save face is only four of them show up or everybody shows up and abstains.

ancianita (12,276 posts)

2. Works for me. Think anyone's run this by them? Someone should, even as an email.
    Eliot Rosewater (22,708 posts)

4. I like that you are thinking, send this to Schumer.

But republicans, most of them, have no intention of doing jack shit that will interfere with their power because like Barr many think they are doing Jesus's work.

And we are heathens who murder babies...that is what these very very low IQ folks think.

When the billionaire created teaparty was initiated DC was overrun by morons.
    Hoyt (40,551 posts)

5. I'll send letters to my two GOPer senators -- Stay Home MFer!
    2naSalit (31,385 posts)

6. I brought this up weeks ago

and nobody noticed. It all boils down to who shows up. But I also wonder why any of the R Senators who signed Lindsey;s resolution opposing the impeachment and stating they've already made up their minds about it. That's declaring that they should be disqualified as jurors, period. That could play out with only a couple being qualified to vote on this at all which would mean all the Ds and a couple Rs being qualified which would clearly remove the POS.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

That's like the scenarios DUpipo saw in December, 2016 by which Hillary could still become President. Just like Pelosi might be able to remain Speaker even if the Rs regain the majority in the House by refusing to seat any newly elected Rs.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Hoyt (40,551 posts)

5. I'll send letters to my two GOPer senators -- Stay Home MFer!
    let us know how that works out for you Dumbass
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Who controls Senate hearings, DUmb sh*t? The Republicans. Democrats can't take a dump without majority approval.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

I see 2 possibilities for the Senate impeachment trial:

1. Mitch does not act on it, or finds some other way to make the trial not happen

or

2. The trial does occur and Trump decides to make it into an Impeachment Bonanza, interrupt my soap for weeks, and nothing happens when it's all over except my soap gets canceled.

DUers and my mom can fantasize about Trump in handcuffs the same way conservatives do about Hillary, but neither are going to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I see 2 possibilities for the Senate impeachment trial:

1. Mitch does not act on it, or finds some other way to make the trial not happen

or

2. The trial does occur and Trump decides to make it into an Impeachment Bonanza, interrupt my soap for weeks, and nothing happens when it's all over except my soap gets canceled.

DUers and my mom can fantasize about Trump in handcuffs the same way conservatives do about Hillary, but neither are going to prison.
    Trumps not guilty, but hilliary is.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.