Thread: Snow!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Snow!!!! 
    It's snowing like crazy out here. We were only supposed to get the edge of this storm (most of the big snow was forecast for the high country) but it was almost a whiteout at my house this morning and we got way more snow than predicted. It's still coming down. :)

Power CUer
    I want some. The fact that the DC area can't handle it at all just makes me want it all the more. The antique copper apple butter kettle next to the fireplace is piled high with wood, the oxtail soup is in the fridge, and the freezer is full of comfort food. Bring it on. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

The Parker area is going to get between 4-8" of snow according to the weather guessers.

CDOT was caught flatfooted and the mag chloride was not put down so it's pretty icy out there. Luckily I'm retired and dont have to be out there in that crap. I hope the plows do clear the roads today so the afternoon commute won't be a total disaster like the morning commute.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

I just heard from my wife and she is stuck in traffic trying to get to I-25 north to get to work at I-25 and Colorado Blvd. Commute time 3+hours! :eek:
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    I just heard from my wife and she is stuck in traffic trying to get to I-25 north to get to work at I-25 and Colorado Blvd. Commute time 3+hours! :eek:
    You had better be planing a great meal for her tonight or standby for some grief about being a non working bum !

Quote Originally Posted by tacitus View Post
    All these reports are just crazy. I live way, way west so we expect to get hit more than Denver. We were already way over the predicted totals this morning and it's still coming down hard. People are straggling in telling horror stories about their commutes. Mine was slow but okay. I have a 4x4, however, and I know how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    You had better be planing a great meal for her tonight or standby for some grief about being a non working bum !
    :D Luckily for her I am a pretty good cook and normally have her dinner waiting for her when she gets home. But tonight she's going to a weight watchers meeting, maybe, so I'm not cooking since she won't get home until around 8:00. If the meeting is canceled, she's on her own.

Ginger I've been listening to the weather reports and it looks like it going to stop snowing pretty soon and the I-25 commute now looks pretty good considering the plows may not have been out. I use to commute from Colo Springs to Golden everyday and during the winter it was brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    All these reports are just crazy. I live way, way west so we expect to get hit more than Denver. We were already way over the predicted totals this morning and it's still coming down hard. People are straggling in telling horror stories about their commutes. Mine was slow but okay. I have a 4x4, however, and I know how to use it.
    It's funny the way different regions react to weather and how people drive as a result. I was in San Diego over Thanksgiving - it rained while I was there and you would think there was 6 inches of snow on the roads with the way people would drive!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    No snow here! :D It was in the mid 40's.
    May the FORCE be with you!

It's times/comments like these that make me glad to put up with the craziness that is Florida. Had a cold front go through this morning, so it was grey all day (but nothing more than mist at times). Started in the high 60s, now in the high 50s. :D :D