Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1 New York Times puts bad light on murdered Barnard teen 
    Senior Member Banacek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Connecticut
    Posts
    13,734
    The disturbingly horrible stabbing murder of Barnard freshman Tessa Majors over a cheap robbery by one to three thugs is an awful story. The victim was an 18-year-old female, a very young-looking teenager, walking to campus around 7 or 8 P.M., when it would have been dark.
    Further down:

    Tessa Majors came to New York City to make some music.

    Ms. Majors, an 18-year-old Barnard student whom everyone recognized by her green hair, grew up in Charlottesville, Va., and moved to New York City for college, spending her weekends singing and playing punk rock.

    No, pal, she came there to go to school, and not just any school, but a pretty competitive one. An academically accomplished girl loses her entire life to some vile criminal looking for a free cell phone, and the Times focuses on her green hair and her punk rock interest. See, she was just a punk, so it wasn't such a bad crime.

    Normal people would look at her face and recoil, given that she looked so young and vulnerable, actually. But the Times wanted to assure us that that wasn't the case. Get a load of this crap:

    It did not surprise Mr. Graham that Ms. Majors was crisscrossing New York, making music and adapting to city life quickly. "She was more worldly than most people 17 or 18 years old coming from here," he said.

    Bzzt, wrong again. "More worldly?" Sure, it was a quote, but what trash. Her own family members said she was young and naÔve about the big city in other reports. Here's what a real "worldly," one of the locals, had to say about the sight of college kids crossing through that park at night:
    https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...pate_city.html
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

    1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    22,189
    Could the alleged perpetrators be, I don't know, of African American heritage?
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Her facebook feed was filled with "Black Lives Matter" and "Whites need to pay reparations" propoganda.

    I think, she died doing what she loved, putting black people first.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    27,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Hielo View Post
    Her facebook feed was filled with "Black Lives Matter" and "Whites need to pay reparations" propoganda.

    I think, she died doing what she loved, putting black people first.
    She died because some inner-city children with no respect for human life took her's from her.

    Nice shot at identity politics. I thought conservatives were against this type of stereotyping.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    She died because some inner-city children with no respect for human life took her's from her.

    Nice shot at identity politics. I thought conservatives were against this type of stereotyping.

    Nope. When the shoe fits it ought to be worn.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    27,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Hielo View Post
    Nope. When the shoe fits it ought to be worn.
    You have no idea what she was doing that night. All we know is that some thugs killed her because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Regardless of what she had on her Facebook page, she deserves some sympathy for her life being ended before it really had a chance to start.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    You have no idea what she was doing that night. All we know is that some thugs killed her because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Regardless of what she had on her Facebook page, she deserves some sympathy for her life being ended before it really had a chance to start.
    So you ought to feel free to give her whatever sympathies you think she deserves and leave everyone else to make that judgement call for themselves? No?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    18,435
    Itís hard to make a judgement on a murdered human being. Emphasis ďMURDEREDĒ!
    Shes dead, her family is in mourning and I feel for them and her friends. Iíll feel even more but in a positive sense if the assailants get life without parole in a hellhole prison.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    20,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Hielo View Post
    So you ought to feel free to give her whatever sympathies you think she deserves and leave everyone else to make that judgement call for themselves? No?
    She didn't deserve to get stabbed to death. A young, innocent college student out for a walk. I don't care if she was drunk, high, gay, straight, black or white, she didn't deserve to get killed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She didn't deserve to get stabbed to death. A young, innocent college student out for a walk. I don't care if she was drunk, high, gay, straight, black or white, she didn't deserve to get killed.

    I am pretty sure that 'deserve' does into come into play.

    She sees a pack of feral 'youth', and doesn't immediately try to get away from them? She was culturally enriched. Sad, but that is the way of the jungle.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •