Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Woman forced at GUNPOINT to take abortion pills: NBC says "miscarriage" 
    Power CUer
    Horrible story. Woman forced at GUNPOINT to take abortion pills by her baby daddy. NBC is not calling it a forced abortion--which it is--but "inducing a miscarriage".

NBC News under fire for reporting forced chemical abortion as ‘miscarriage’
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/nb...s-miscarrriage

BAKERSFIELD, California, December 17, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – A California man faces murder charges for allegedly forcing his girlfriend at gunpoint to take abortion pills, while NBC News is under fire for depicting the act as miscarriage rather than abortion.

The Bakersfield Police Department arrested 23-year-old Jagmeet Sandhu for holding his pregnant girlfriend at gunpoint until she took unspecified pills that resulted in the loss of her baby, NBC News reports. He faces felony counts of first-degree murder, first-degree burglary, assault with a firearm, and inflicting injury on a spouse or cohabitant.

NBC affiliate KGET adds that the woman, who had been 12 weeks pregnant at the time, had broken up with Sandhu three weeks earlier over his insistence that she get an abortion. She says he told her “take these pills or I’m going to kill you,” forcing her to take at least 11 pills.

Yet the word “abortion” does not appear at all in the NBC News story, and The Blaze reports that several pro-life observers have taken issue with the network’s repeated use of “miscarriage” instead.

"miscarriage"...yeah, definitely. We all believe you and didn't even notice that you avoided calling it abortion at all costs! The story is pretty sad overall though all things aside.

If it's just a blob of cells, why the murder charges?

Answer: cause this evil, uterus free male cannot get away with forcing the great, godlike power of choice on a woman. It's not murder if it empowers the woman.

If it weren't for doublethink, moonbats wouldn't think at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Legally speaking, abortion is not murder and the man is being charged with murder in this case. A forced miscarriage is more consistent, language-wise, with a case that is ending in a murder charge.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Legally speaking, abortion is not murder and the man is being charged with murder in this case. A forced miscarriage is more consistent, language-wise, with a case that is ending in a murder charge.
    Morally speaking, the taking of a human life without cause is murder.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

That depends on local laws.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Morally speaking, the taking of a human life without cause is murder.

I don't see a controversy with the language used by the NBC affiliate. This is only a big deal if you are antiabortion.

The guy is being charged with murder. Isn't that the more important thing?

I don't see a controversy with the language used by the NBC affiliate. This is only a big deal if you are antiabortion.

The guy is being charged with murder. Isn't that the more important thing?
    I hate soft language for a hard issue. A miscarriage in basically an act of nature and abortion is an act of mankind. Taking a drug that causes a miscarriage is still an abortion. If you shoot someone in the chest it is generally not referred to as heart failure or lead poisoning.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I hate soft language for a hard issue. A miscarriage in basically an act of nature and abortion is an act of mankind. Taking a drug that causes a miscarriage is still an abortion. If you shoot someone in the chest it is generally not referred to as heart failure or lead poisoning.
    The medical term for a miscarriage is "spontaneous abortion". Warning labels on medications that can end a pregnancy usually use the term miscarriage in their warnings, though.

Force is the more relevant term. He forced her to do it, which is why it is a crime.

So.... if a woman chooses to abort without father's consent it's perfectly fine, "her choice". But if a man chooses to abort without her consent, it's murder?

Double standards much?

Myself, I agree with FlaGator abortion is murder. People can deny it, dress it up with fancy words, but that doesn't change what it is.