Thread: Tebow to return to the Gators

1. #1 Tebow to return to the Gators 
    Thank God! From SI
    GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida quarterback Tim Tebow began to walk off the stage to close the Gators' national title celebration Sunday. Then the junior stopped.
    "Oh, and by the way, one more thing," Tebow said. "Let's do it again. I'm coming back."
    With Tebow back, the Gators probably will begin the 2009 season atop the polls. Florida returns most of a defense that held Oklahoma -- which averaged 54 points a game this season -- to 14 points in Thursday's BCS title game.
    Gators coach Urban Meyer said Sunday that linebacker Brandon Spikes and receiver Percy Harvin, both juniors, are still trying to decide whether they should enter the NFL draft.
    "They're still researching," Meyer said. "That's all I want is for them to make a good decision."
    Next season, Tebow will try to win a third national title in four years and a second Heisman Trophy in three years. In 2007, Tebow became the first sophomore to win the Heisman. He received the most first-place votes in 2008 but lost out to Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford.
    "It means a lot," Meyer said of Tebow's return. "Obviously, the functional football player part, but it goes so much deeper. He's so good for college football."

He is one heck of a player and I hope he has another great year.

I read that his stock with the NFL isn't all that great and if he had decided to not go back, he'd be lucky to go in the 3rd or 4th round as an H back. The Gators are fun to watch and I hope there are a few games on Direct TV this fall.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    As a Bulldog fan I was hoping he'd turn pro.

It surprises me that he isn't considered as a pro QB prospect. I hadn't heard that. I don't doubt it, i just don't understand it.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I didn't either when I read it. After re-reading the story it looks like that's what Tebow said but it's possible that's what hes been told by some coaches he has approached about his NFL prospects.

Sporting News

If you ask around, the NFL seems to be full of people who don't think Tebow is quarterback material at their level. Maybe not -- but you'd have to be crazy to bet against the kid doing what he's dreamed of doing. He dreamed as a child of leading the Gators to a national title, and now he's done that.
    Put a goal in front of him and then get out of his way. And trust him, the goal is not to be an NFL H-back or linebacker.
    "If every poor man is to come here and start requesting money for all his children, the applicants will never be satisfied and the nation's finances will collapse." Emperor Tiberius: Tacitus:Annals

he is tim tebow not obama get a grip