Hybrid View

1. #1 Championship: Steelers vs Ravens 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Gonna be a good good game.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    As I posted in another thread, I'm a Falcons fan which means that, every year, i gotta pick a team to root for in the playoffs. Last year, it was the Giants cuz I hate the damned Patriots.

But year in and year out, I love the Steelers. Since the days of Bradshaw and Franco and Jack Lambert and Swann, I love me some Steelers.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I was optimistic for the Falcons at the start and cheering for the Giants because I'm a Colts fan and had to root for Peyton's little bro, so sucks to be me. After the wildcards, I then thought it would be nice to see a repeat of the last Tampa Superbowl: Ravens vs. Giants. I'm now thinking Ravens vs. Cards...although an all PA game wouldn't be bad either. Then again, how far apart are Baltimore & Philly...close rivals could make for a great game too? I guess all I have to say is that I really don't care right now.

Bubba - you have my deepest sympathies. I know what it is to root for a team that has . . . "problems" . . . The steelers when O'Donnel was QB is a perfect example. ANYHOW - After we beat the Ravens - It'll be fun to whallop on the cardinals. :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post
    I was optimistic for the Falcons at the start and cheering for the Giants because I'm a Colts fan and had to root for Peyton's little bro, so sucks to be me. After the wildcards, I then thought it would be nice to see a repeat of the last Tampa Superbowl: Ravens vs. Giants. I'm now thinking Ravens vs. Cards...although an all PA game wouldn't be bad either. Then again, how far apart are Baltimore & Philly...close rivals could make for a great game too? I guess all I have to say is that I really don't care right now.
    Lets look at the numbers. If the Eagles are not favs (have not checked the spread yet) then I will be putting my money on the Birds (eagles)

Cards beat seeds number 2 and 5

Eagles Smoked seeds 1 and 3

Nuff said.

On Edit eagles are 2 and a half point favs , I will give those and still take the eagles
    Last edited by Lars1701a; 01-13-2009 at 12:01 PM.

While the Cards had a hard time selling out the game vs. Atlanta (NFL had to give them a 24 hour extension or impose a local TV blackout), the Eagles game sold out in 4.5 minutes.

Decent seats are going for $4500 right now.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post

Decent seats are going for $4500 right now.
    a fool and his money are soon parted.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.