Thread: McCain in a landslide? Could be , polls large majority supports drilling for oil !

1. #1 McCain in a landslide? Could be , polls large majority supports drilling for oil ! 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    McCain in a landslide? Could be , Opinion polls indicate a large majority supports drilling for oil !

SEN. Barack Obama has the lead for the time being. But three signposts point the way to a McCain landslide in November, in the unlikely event the Arizona senator has the wit to heed them. What figures to be by far the most important issue this fall is the skyrocketing price of energy and its deleterious effect on the broader economy and national security.
    http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...ON04/806210326
    Comments:
    Jack Kelly is probably dreaming, but couple the oil issue with a strong defense and maybe McCain could actually keep the leftists out of the ‘Right House’.
    -------------------------------
    OK, OK. I've seen and thought enough about the Obama horror show. Despite my problems in the past and continuing reservations with John McCain, there is absolutely no question that I will vote for him in November. I am unfortunately old enough to have lived through and remember well the stupidities and damage inflicted on our great nation by the Carter and Johnson administrations (not to mention Clinton). An Obama administration would unquestionably cause lasting damage to the Republic. And, I'll declare that it is reckless gambling to suggest letting Obama sleaze into the Oval Office for an anticipated single disastrous turn, so that Republicans, having found their souls again, can ride in on a white horse and save the nation from a second term. That's lunacy. I am taking action today to get a McCain bumber sticker, and to make a contribution to his campaign.
    --------------------------------
    I don't believe Kelly is dreaming - he has hit upon a very real scenario. Americans, particularly independents who will not be hypnotized by Obama, will not accept over $80.00 a tank happily.

It is enough of an issue to persuade voters to go with the Drill, Refine & Reactor guy. This Country is more than ready for less expensive and plentiful energy.

If Mc Cain has a working synapse in his head he will hammer this issue with wild abandon. And constantly let people know that with Obama, their energy problems will NOT GO AWAY. .................oil

The article makes some good points - particularly about the attitudes of ordinary people. It probably wouldn't matter to them that McCain is flip-flopping on drilling because they are too. All those people who manufactured horror over the caribou 5 years ago would cheerfully slit Bambi's throat today if it meant cheaper gas.

Banned
    If oil prices stay the same or go up, I think drilling for more oil in our own country may be the number 1 or number 2 issue. The Democrats have no answer except to bash the oil Exec. and tax the crap out of it.

Independents and Mexicans will vote for McCain in large numbers; he will put an ass whipping on the Magic Negro. McCain will win NY & PA and might win NJ and by 10:00 pm CST election night Obama will be giving his concession speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The article makes some good points - particularly about the attitudes of ordinary people. It probably wouldn't matter to them that McCain is flip-flopping on drilling because they are too. All those people who manufactured horror over the caribou 5 years ago would cheerfully slit Bambi's throat today if it meant cheaper gas.

Girl! You Didn't!:eek: :D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Always with the Libs it cannot be done. All you have to do is listen to any of the
    cable stations and you will hear the Lib talking point of we can't drill our way out
    of this.

Well we can't in a few years certainly but if we had been drilling and building
    new refineries...

So...since we can't solve the problem in a year or two we should not even begin to try???
    This is what they seem to be saying.

Always the negative, always.