Thread: Basic Tuesday

1. #1 Basic Tuesday 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Good morning everyone! It's 19 here this morning but they keep
    saying super duper cold is on the way. Hey, it's winter, duh! :D

TOTD: Cell phones. Who uses them in their cars? Most have probably seen
    some safety group recommending that ALL cell phone calls be banned in cars
    which I see as a moronic over reaction by the nanny state.

I use a hands free headset in the Blazer and the new BMW has a BlueTooth
    link to both our phones for hands free operation. Nanny state...go away
    and regulate something important like the number of fleas allowed
    on dogs & cats.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    TOTD: I have a cell phone, but I don't use it that often and don't feel the need to do so while driving.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Patent Member
    Weather here sucks. Air temperature was -6, with a wind chill of -30. And we're talking absolute.

TOTD: I have used my cell phone while in the car, I don't deny it, but the road is always my first priority.

Talking and driving is not, however, a regular occurrence, so I could survive without it. Like the smoking ban however, I would oppose it.

Good Morning, at 6 AM Pacific Time it's 54 degrees! Temps have been way above average, and once again it should be 70.

No work today!!!! :D

I'm heading to a build your omelet bar soon.

TOTD: Cell phones are not just for talking anymore! I can text & parallel park at the same time.

I do not spend much time on the phone at home and I just live a block from work, so not much opportunity to use it during my commute which is usually on foot. The phone at work rings non stop & talking on the phone is too much like being at work!

I occasionally use my cell phone in the car, but then it's usually only to receive incoming calls from others, I only actually call people while I'm driving if it's important, and there isn't too much traffic around me.

We're getting a break from the snow today. I need to start ordering garden catalogs. :)

TOTD: I was born free and I still don't own a cell phone. It's like vaccinations: if 95% of the population has them, you can skate by without them yourself. Boulder is currently attempting to ban them while driving. Studies I've read seem to show that talking on a cell while driving (hands-free or not) is just as distracting and dangerous as yelling at your kids in the car. Texting while driving is pretty much the same as driving drunk.

That said, I'm not in favor of restricting them even though it's extremely annoying to drive behind someone who is using one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We're getting a break from the snow today. I need to start ordering garden catalogs. :)

TOTD: I was born free and I still don't own a cell phone. It's like vaccinations: if 95% of the population has them, you can skate by without them yourself. Boulder is currently attempting to ban them while driving. Studies I've read seem to show that talking on a cell while driving (hands-free or not) is just as distracting and dangerous as yelling at your kids in the car. Texting while driving is pretty much the same as driving drunk.

That said, I'm not in favor of restricting them even though it's extremely annoying to drive behind someone who is using one.
    Agree on that one. I never text anyway, but do always carry my cell with me. As an outside sales rep I go into some bad areas and need it for safety.

Guilty, guilty, guilty. :p

TOTD: I rarely talk on my cell phone when I'm driving but one of my best friends literally can't drive without talking to someone.
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace