1. #1 Im buying tickets!!! 
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...age-purgatory/

The ’56 starred in “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” with Jerry Seinfeld and Jimmy Fallon in supporting roles. The ’89 is so ’80s — it has one of those early digital dashboards, with a big-digit speedometer, that were panned by aficionados. The ’53, one of only 100 or so that still exist, has been through a 4,000-hour restoration.

They are among 36 Chevrolet Corvettes from a legendary collection: one from each production year between 1953, when the car made its debut, and 1989. For more than 25 years, they have languished in one New York City parking garage or another.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

I work with a guy who has one level below a Hellcat. 700 and some odd horsepower? I would love to own that car, but since I only live four miles from work, I couldn’t care less how I’m remembered at the red light. Around here it would probably be the middle finger. Lol!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    My 37 year old GMC 3/4 ton is now camouflaged due to the green slime growing on it. I think I washed it once already 10 years ago, but it runs just fine for me and I can get in and out much better since it has a running board. My belly rubs the steering wheel now and if push comes to shove I could probably steer it using my belly. There is only one car I would actually like to own, an Audi R10 twin turbo. Heck I think I would even loose weight if I had that car. If you like a good pucker factor watch a few videos of the R8 and 10 series, it is a corvette killer and a lot prettier.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Audi+R10+t...ai=ecc4c1DvyEA
    Last edited by Angry Old White Man; 12-28-2019 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Link

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Old White Man View Post
    My 37 year old GMC 3/4 ton is now camouflaged due to the green slime growing on it. I think I washed it once already 10 years ago, but it runs just fine for me and I can get in and out much better since it has a running board. My belly rubs the steering wheel now and if push comes to shove I could probably steer it using my belly. There is only one car I would actually like to own, an Audi R10 twin turbo. Heck I think I would even loose weight if I had that car. If you like a good pucker factor watch a few videos of the R8 and 10 series, it is a corvette killer and a lot prettier.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Audi+R10+t...ai=ecc4c1DvyEA
    You and I both use the same car wash. It’s called rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    You and I both use the same car wash. It’s called rain.
    That's the one that SR and I have always used---til we got the VW. The dealer gave us the code and we get free car washes. It's a single bay, but usually there's not much of a wait.

My favorite car was a red '90 BMW M-3. I somehow never got a ticket in it, but I sure got away from those stop signs quickly. It was a street legal racing car with manual transmission. I drove it once at the Gateway track across the river in Illinois. It was at a BMW driving school. One professional driver convinced me to let him drive the car---with me in it. I was terrified. My turn driving around the track was much more sedate. LOL.

I'm older and more thrifty now---don't want those cars that take premium gas. Plus don't want to pay those premium prices for the car now that I'm retired.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    That's the one that SR and I have always used---til we got the VW. The dealer gave us the code and we get free car washes. It's a single bay, but usually there's not much of a wait.

My favorite car was a red '90 BMW M-3. I somehow never got a ticket in it, but I sure got away from those stop signs quickly. It was a street legal racing car with manual transmission. I drove it once at the Gateway track across the river in Illinois. It was at a BMW driving school. One professional driver convinced me to let him drive the car---with me in it. I was terrified. My turn driving around the track was much more sedate. LOL.

I'm older and more thrifty now---don't want those cars that take premium gas. Plus don't want to pay those premium prices for the car now that I'm retired.
    Nostalgia time!

As a 17 yo teen maniac I got the driving thrill of my life being behind the wheel of a consistent winner in the stock competition on the local drag strip. My boss was at one time a mechanic for the towns Mopar brands owner and had built him an advertiser 1957 Plymouth Fury with a factory 6 pak. I got to navigate that monster down the strip for several weeks that summer. The only losses I ever had were all to the same ‘58 Pontiac also with a 6 pak. Each side tore down the others engine several times but neither one ever got sanctioned.

PS: I knew our secret but have no idea yet today what the GM team had in their back pocket.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault