1. #1 Top 10 Economic Predictions for 2020 
    Nariman Behravesh, IHS Marktit Chief Economist
    As the global growth weakened considerably in 2019 and exporters adjusted to the new world of higher tariffs, the impacts of the trade war on real GDP growth turned out to be smaller than expected.

The US economy will grow at trend - around 2%.

Europe’s economy will stabilize, then recover a little.

Japan’s post-tax-hike growth stumble will be cushioned by more stimulus.

China’s growth rate will fall below 6%.

Emerging markets will continue to tread water, as debt reaches new peaks.

Commodity prices will trend down.

Inflation will remain subdued.

The global monetary easing cycle will probably come to an end.

The US dollar will rise a little more.

Despite historically high levels of policy uncertainty, recession is still not the most likely scenario in 2020.

-————————————————-

Retread’s predictions for 2020:

Evan a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then. I got one 5200% return (so far) and would love to fall into another .... Fat chance!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

so the chance of the "tRump recession" the DUmp has been banking on looks bleak...
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Watch for the "October surprise" a technical stock market crash. It will of course be blow all out of proportion.
    We are on the brink of an adventure children. Don't ruin it with to many questions.
    -Mary Poppins

I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Well, for once the original 10 are all pretty reasonable, can't pick a fight with them. The easing off after last year's peak in tariff fights will help quite a bit and get better as time goes by...the disaster predicted from assuming a tougher reciprocal trade policy never happened, and we're recovering from what stress it did supply - it was long overdue, our old 'Free trade' policy was a one-way street where we had no import barriers but we let everyone else block all our exports except extracted resources like raw metal, lumber, and bulk ag.

The leftist economist recession never happened. And if the economy is still growing, Trump is going to win in a landslide. I expect the DOW to be hovering around 32,000 come November.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The leftist economist recession never happened. And if the economy is still growing, Trump is going to win in a landslide. I expect the DOW to be hovering around 32,000 come November.
    And obama will claim credit for it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM