1. #1 (A) Mustang in ‘Bullitt’ sells for $3.74 million 
    KISSIMMEE, Fla. — The Highland Green 1968 Ford Mustang GT featured in the film “Bullitt” was sold Friday at a Florida auction house for $3.74 million.

The sale at Mecum Kissimmee was for the most expensive Mustang ever sold, surpassing a1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake that sold last year for $2.2 million, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

Owner Sean Kiernan, with his sister Kelly Cotton riding shotgun, drove the car across the auction block at Silver Spurs Arena and then addressed a crowd of about 25,000 before the bidding started.

“This car had sold twice in its life, it’s been in my family for 45 years. Each time it has sold, it was $3,500,” Kiernan said. “So we’re going to start it off at that price and go from there.”

———————————

Now I’m not about to deny that this particular vehicle appeared in the movie - but ....

It is documented that 21 different vehicles appeared as “Christine” in that filming. To believe Bullitt was made with only one mustang is a stretch too far and then to approach $4 million? Somebody’s got a whole lot more $$$ than good sense. I’ve got some beautiful seafront beach property in southern Oklahoma I’d love to sell them.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    The TV series that featured the Chrysler The General Lee had just about every used car in that line from east to west coast bought up and destroyed while the series was in production, it made it impossible for anyone to find one in the future. Chrysler always had less production runs of any of their models. I think if I were the people that bought the mustang I would have just bought a good clean used mustang and took the money left from what they paid to feed the hungry in America. Obviously they have more money than brains.

I read a story somewhere (I hope I can find it) that indeed one does exist.

However, at the time of the article it belonged to a family down south somewher (I think) and it wasn't in good shape.

The author had supposedly been meticulous in his research !
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys