1. #1 Philippines warns of 'explosive eruption' after Taal Volcano spews ash near Manila 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Alaa Elassar, CNN
    Updated 7:56 PM ET, Sun January 12, 2020

(CNN)A volcano near the capital of the Philippines erupted Sunday, forcing residents to evacuate as experts warned that another "hazardous explosive eruption" is possible.

The Taal Volcano, about 37 miles (60 kilometers) south of Manila on the island of Luzon, erupted in the afternoon.

Authorities ordered evacuations for three towns, according to CNN Philippines.

The Manila International Airport Authority suspended arrivals and departures.

The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology reported that the volcano exhibited a "fast escalation" in volcanic activity. Continuous eruption generated ash plumes 6 to 9 miles (10 to 14 kilometers) above the crater, spewing ashes "as far as Quezon City."

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

They have some badass volcanoes in the PI. Mount Pinatubo destroyed Clark Air Base and Subic Bay Naval base in 1991

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah there are something like
    2 dozen active volcanoes there...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    They have some badass volcanoes in the PI. Mount Pinatubo destroyed Clark Air Base and Subic Bay Naval base in 1991

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It also put that layer of ash in the atmosphere that kept the summer temps very low in 1992. I remember because it was the first summer I had a car with a/c and I only turned it on a couple of times. I don't think we had very many days of temps above 70.