1. #1 Houston Astros GM & Manager suspended, then fired for stealing signs 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...-sign-stealing

Houston Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch were fired by owner Jim Crane Monday following Major League Baseball's announcement of discipline in the sign-stealing scandal.

A league investigation confirmed the Astros had cheated by using a camera-based sign-stealing system during the regular season and playoffs of their World Series-winning 2017 season.

Luhnow and Hinch were suspended for the 2020 season, but Crane said the team wanted to go beyond that ruling.

"We need to move forward with a clean slate," he said.

As part of the league's penalty, the Astros will also lose first- and second-round draft picks in 2020 and 2021, and the organization was fined a record $5 million. MLB said in its statement that if Luhnow or Hinch "engage in any future material violations" of MLB rules, they will be placed on the league's permanently ineligible list.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

As if stealing signs is anything new. Been doing it for ages. One of my talents when I played was being able to decipher the opposing team's steal sign.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Looks like technology was 'brushed-back' by a high, inside zinger

I haven't formed an opinion on the punishments. Seems way too harsh, but it's cheating… so I guess I'm okay with whatever the precedence will be.

To pass-on my dad's, or somebody's wisdom about pitch-guessing : " Just learn to hit a curveball and half your problems are solved. "